Thursday, June 30, 2016

Longest Drive Through Nevada Ever!!

6/30/2016

Day Two of our West Coast Trip started off good in Kingman, although I'm not sure how much sleep I actually got.  It seemed I tossed and turned most of the night.  Scout  was pretty good and didn't bark or whine to get out, but he was restless as well, so I heard him walking around the cabin most of the night.  I think part of the issue was I didn't turn down the A/C so it was on high all night.  I don't know what time it was, but I crawled into my sleeping bag at some point in the night because I was too cool to sleep on top of it anymore.  I think everyone was sleeping on top of their bags at the beginning of the night because it was still too hot to get inside them when we went to sleep.  I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't really go back to sleep after going to the bathroom and taking the dog out, so I just lay there and checked my Facebook feed.  I got everyone up at 6:30 and we got everything packed and ready to go on the road by 8:00.  There was a microwave in the room, so Daniel and I were able to heat our breakfast burritos in the cabin before we left and the kids wanted protein shakes.

We made a quick stop at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign before continuing on our way through eastern Nevada.  We stopped briefly at the junction of the 375, ET Hwy and had our lunch and took a picture at the sign.  McKay kept asking if we were in Idaho yet.  Nope, Nope Nope.  When we finally crossed over into Idaho, and started seeing some farm land, both kids had their heads out the window,smelling the air (there was a storm coming in) and looking at the crops of wheat and corn on the sides of the road.  It was pretty funny to see.  We got to our KOA just before the storm hit so the kids didn't have much time to play at the playground.


Kingman KOA

Welcome to Las Vegas-We've been a few times, but never got this picture!

This is how we travel.  See the long stretch of road behind us, that's about what it looked like in front most of the way

We didn't go this way, but got a pic by the sign

No comments:

Post a Comment