Monday, June 27, 2016

Some Revamping of my Plans

6/27/2016

Well, it's been a little while (3 years) since my initial post on this blog.  My plans had to change slightly as my job situation changed drastically.  I was actually laid off from my consulting job so I was out of work for a long time.  11 months to be exact.  That was very hard on me and family, since, as a widow, I am the sole provider for my family.  We did go on the trip that I had planned.  I didn't even have to take vacation for it.  LOL!  I'll post some pictures of our adventures sometime.  But, now I have a new job and we're getting ready to go on another trip again.

My plans to visit all 50 states are still very much in place.  I just had to modify the timing a little. Since I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year, and I don't have a back-up while I'm gone, I can only take about 1 week at a time. This year, we're going back to Washington to visit my dad.  My mom passed away just a few months ago.  We were hoping to visit her before she passed, but she was just too sick to hold on that much longer.  So, since this is a repeat of some of the same states that we visited 3 years ago, I decided to make it interesting by going a different way so we can see different things. We going to come back down the 101 Coast, so the kids will definitely enjoy that.

And, I already have my plans for next year!  Gotta plan ahead for something of the things I'm dreaming up.

Can't wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment