Wednesday, June 29, 2016

West Coast Trip-Day One

6/29/2016

First leg of the trip, we're overnighting at the Kingman KOA.  We ended up leaving about an hour later than I planned, but Kingman wasn't too far away and with it being summer, it was still light out when we got here.  The kids played in the play area and had fun taking the dog around to the dog run area and meeting new friends.  I didn't get a chance to grab a shower at home before we left, so I was left having to take one at the KOA.  Guess who forgot to bring her towel into the shower?  First time that's ever happened to me.  Not that it would have done a lot of good if I had remembered since my towel was in the back of the van trying to soak up all the water (about a gallon) that spilled out of our water jug when it tipped over in the back of the van during the trip.  I dried off the best I could with my dirty clothes.  I know, that doesn't sound ideal, but it was about my only option.  I wrapped my hair up in my shirt and used my pants to dry the rest of my body.  However it worked, I feel much better and ready for tomorrow.  It will be a long, boring drive through Easter Nevada, straight up to Twin Falls to camp out at another KOA that night.



Kingman KOA

No comments:

Post a Comment